Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 8 EOC: Creative Content



Every product needs design elements; these elements include logos, packaging, advertisements, slogans, and even product appearance. For my Phileas Fogg product I intend on completing and designing the majority of these if not all of these categories. First and fore most is the logo, this is what people accompany the product with the brand name while also giving them something memorable about it. I personally am aiming for something simple and sleek, more modernistic to draw in the eye yet not distract my consumers from the product itself; while simultaneously leaving the logo versatile as in leaving room for product expansion and variations. Packaging is just as important as the logo. The container I plan to place my product in is an aspect that also identifies the product i.e. everybody knows that Pringles are packaged in a tube rather than a bag. As far as advertisements mine are simply going to supplement what I will create in the logo and packaging. It must compliment the essence that is captured there. For instance I am not going to have flowers and butterflies on a product meant to be a snack in bars that just won’t work. Lastly is product appearance, this is key to product recognition as well, the way you can tell the difference between Ruffles and Lays aside from packaging and logos is their appearance is unique and distinct. I believe this aspect of my creative content will be slightly simpler than the rest due to the fact that I am marketing cheese crisps. That in itself is unique in appearance as the crisps are porous in texture and maintain the shape of a typical potato chip. All in all every visual aspect needs to describe my product in one way or another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment