Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service



Marketing is essentially the business of customer service or as put by management guru Peter Drucker, “The aim of marketing is to make selling unnecessary.”  I personally experienced just that not too long ago at the Apple Store located in Town Square Las Vegas. I went in on a Friday night around six, surely a busy time for the store especially on a Friday night, but despite the crowd of people and slight roar within the building I was immediately greeted upon entering. First things first, we as customers love to be recognized a simple hello makes the world of a difference. I had been experiencing some minor issues with my slightly outdated ipod touch and had just went in to find out what the problem was. I did not want any work done on it for the reason that I know Apple isn’t exactly know for having the cheapest of service. Any who after being acknowledged by the sales associate he then asked the typical “is there anything I can help you with?” line. Of course I explained my situation and immediately he walked me to the help desk at the back of the store to take a quick look at my ipod. Although I was informed that normally you need to make an appointment to have an associate assess any product. Yet he was full and willing to make the exception for me. Turns out that I had some slight water damage which was affecting the home button on my device, the fix would cost about fifty dollars. In the end I did indeed get the button replaced for a fraction of the price that night, the associate was glad to make yet another exception for me by giving a student discount I only ended up paying thirty in total. Needless to say Apple can most definitely be expecting  my business time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment